Fire crews in Christchurch were this morning investigating what sparked a blaze that left 10 people in hospital and a home destroyed.
At least 24 firefighters, and five fire trucks, were called to the three-storey house on Clifton Terrace in the suburb of Sumner about 8.30pm last night.
Four were taken to hospital and treated for burns, while two were treated for smoke inhalation.
Neighbour Lynda Simcic says the huge blaze was frightening, with enormous sheets of flame pouring out of the house
She believed the house was an Airbnb rental and Asian people staying there lost everything.
“[They] didn’t have time to pick up their passports or anything.” Read more